Learn how many types of monitoring services available in Azure to monitor your applications.
Design a Logging and Monitoring Solution in Azure
Below are the topics you should know:
- Determine levels and storage location for logs.
- Plan for integration with monitoring tools including Azure Monitoring tool and Azure Sentinel.
- Recommend appropriate monitoring tool(s) for a solution.
- Choose a mechanism for event routing and escalation.
- Recommend a logging solution for compliance requirements.
In this article we are focusing on
Options for Monitoring Applications in Azure
Below are the services to Monitor your applications:
Application-level monitoring services:
- Application Insights
- App Center
Subscription / resource group / virtual network level monitoring services:
- Network Watcher
- Azure Monitor
- Security Center
Above services can provide more of an overview than just status of application.
- use to monitor web app, API and desktop app.
- is a service and part of Azure Monitor.
- from marketing standpoint, it is feature for Azure Monitor.
- in reality it is a Standalone feature.
Visual Studio App Center
- use to monitor mobile app
- also used to deploy and test mobile app
- use to monitor and inspect network traffic.
- is a main monitoring service in Azure.
- can see overview of other monitoring services like App Insights.
- analyze and query logs and metrics from other monitoring services.
Azure Security Center
- provides an overview of security status & recommendations of your services
- helps prevent security incidents
- monitors all of the recommendations within the azure subscriptions
- provides overview to take actions.
- it’s not strictly monitoring service.
- security focused service like security center.
- works with security center to analyze and hunt for threats and security incidents and fix them.
Thanks for reading my article till end. I hope you learned something special today. If you enjoyed this article then please share to your friends and if you have suggestions or thoughts to share with me then please write in the comment box.
Become full stack developer 💻
- Please subscribe to All-Access Membership PRO plan to access current and future angular, node.js and related courses.
- Please subscribe to All-Access Membership ELITE plan to get everything from PRO plan. Additionally, you will get access to a monthly live Q&A video call with
Rupeshand you can ask doubts/questions and get more help, tips and tricks.
Your bright future is awaiting for you so visit today FullstackMaster and allow me to help you to board on your dream software company as a new Software Developer, Architect or Lead Engineer role.